Date(s) - 08/10/2019
18:00 - 21:00
Download event iCal
Société Générale (21, rue d‘Epernay)
Dear members and friends of IBF Luxembourg,
We are very pleased to invite you to our next event Depository Bank Event about
“The Future of the Depositary in Luxembourg & Europe”.
Wednesday, October 8th, 2019 starting at 18:00h
Société Générale Securities Services – 28-32 Place de la Gare bâtiment Plaza, 1616 Luxembourg
The topics of this event:
The Future of the Depositary in Luxembourg & Europe
- Impacts of Regulation, New business models & Digitalization
- UCITS and AIFs new segregation and safekeeping duties for depositaries. Depositary rules will change from 1 April 2020.
- New set up regarding flow of information between the depositary and the custodian or sub-custodian.
- Digitalization could enhance the user experience, thereby raising the bar in terms of client expectation and forcing depositaries to follow or be considered as obsolete.
- Technology is expected to significantly improve operational efficiency. This will would put pressure on productivity-management.
- New custody offers are emerging, also from major financial sector players, on Crypto Assets. Could these spill-over to classic assets? How can Depositaries prepare?
18h30 Panel Moderator Jean-Pierre GOMEZ, Société Générale Securities Services
- Sandra Müller, Managing Director, MEAG
- Enrico TURCHI, Deputy CEO – Conducting Officer, Amundi
- Els Alwyn, Director, Nordic Capital
- Nicholas CURWEN, Managing Director EQT Funds
- Frank ROESSIG, Head Digital Finance, Proximus Luxembourg
19h30 Networking drinks – 21h00 closure
The presentation will be held in English.
Participation is free of charge for IBF Luxembourg members. Non-members pay a fee of 30€
Please register until October 8th, 2019 via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to this event.